Snacks are a really great way to take the edge off of a little hunger and keep the good energy going when you’ve got stuff to do.
- Rice cakes with nut butter – Great with peanut butter, almond butter or sunbutter, you can also add raisins, honey or a little drizzle of maple syrup for taste. If you really want to tempt the taste buds, a little melted chocolate never hurt anyone.
- Chocolate Banana Graham Crackers – Cracker, banana and nutella make up this delicious snack. Add a top layer and it’s a packable feast that can be busted out whenever you have a snack emergency.
- Dry Roasted Chickpeas – Soak the beans, then boil, then roast in the oven with a little oil. They taste like nuts, but they’re packed with a complete balance of amino acids, making them a high-quality protein.
- Homemade Crackers – It’s actually surprisingly easy. You mix some stuff together, press it into a pan and bake it. Experiment with different herbs and seasonings, different flours and different flavor additives like yogurt or avocado.
- Dried Fruit Balls – Dried fruit makes the base, then you can add nuts or seed flours for protein. Coat with coconut or oats.
Having some nice snacks made up is a great way keep working when you’re busy. Also, having snacks ready to go can help when you’re making lunches for the kids.
These aren’t really recipes, per say. I’m working on it. At this point, I’m really just researching for this blog. I make a lot of interesting foods and I know that sometimes, its difficult to find a good recipe, so I just start making stuff. The good thing about experimenting with fruit leathers and chickpeas is that they are generally so cheap that a little mistake here or there isn’t the end of the world. Learn from your mistakes and try again.
Sometimes alternative flours are pretty expensive, but in the area where I live, there are many international markets where alternative flours are a normal food item that isn’t prohibitively expensive. Gram flour, for instance, which is made from chickpeas, is great for many things and it’s extremely nutritious, providing protein, fiber and all kinds of trace minerals and nutrients.
- Chickpea hamburgers – Fitness on toast
- Best of the best – lean green bean
- Recipes – Fit bottomed eats
- Exercise information – Ace Fitness
- Desktop Snacks – Cooking light
- 50 good recipes – Men’s Fitness
- 25 snacks for weight loss – Redbook
- Best Vegan Recipes – Vegan Richa
- 25 Best vegan family recipes – Family Natural
- Snacks – Superhealthykids
- 32 healthy snacks – Parenting
- snacks – just take a bite
- snacks – allrecipes
- 85 snacks for kids – 100 days of real food
- fruit balls – bbc good food
- Indian snacks – Indian Healthy Recipes
- home made cheezits – eating rules